Why choose counselling?
There are times when a person’s mental health and wellbeing may be compromised by difficult situations, feelings and /or behaviours. You may have noticed a change in yours or a loved one’s demeanour or conversation, which has alerted you to a potential problem.
We are now, more than ever it seems, exposed to issues that we may find confusing, frustrating and frightening and talking about our problems can help a great deal. When we lack the resilience to cope with the pressures we face, we forget about the strength that we have within.
If you or someone you care about is currently experiencing anxiety, depression, stress, relationship difficulties, loss or grief issues and/or parenting difficulties, counselling can help. Hand to Life Therapy provides a calm, caring and confidential environment, where difficulties can be discussed, options for solutions considered and resolutions reached.
While counselling is essentially a talking therapy, we work together for you to achieve a better sense of wellbeing.
Some factors that can present a risk to to mental health and wellbeing include:
- Bereavement Issues include grief, anger, loneliness, sadness
- Family & Relationship Issues included friendship/relationship and social issues, separation/divorce and challenging family relations
- Stress management within work or a personal life
- HSC, Exam and Study Issues: stress, feeling overwhelmed & out of control, panic attacks, feelings of inadequacy, diminished motivation, procrastination, poor planning & organisation
- Confidence issues: worried about failing, poor self-esteem, never being good enough, feeling judged or insecure and bullying
- School issues e.g. bullying, returning to school following illness or injury or loss of a loved one
- Problem-solving, Rational thinking and resilience
- Feelings of being overwhelmed, frustrated, sadness or angry
- Difficult and traumatic experiences: abuse, serious health problems.
- Depression: feeling isolated, lonely, empty, tearful, unloved, suicidal feelings.
- Anxiety: excessive worrying, panic attacks, frequent feelings of uneasiness
- Destructive Behaviour issues: self-harm, abusive relationships, overeating, alcohol, drugs, addictive behaviour or binge eating
There can never be an assurance that all of our problems will disappear and that none will follow in the future. This would be unrealistic thinking. However, we can learn ways of coping and resilience, which can be applied to our lives to help us to live a better life, feel better and be more productive and successful in our work and relationships.
The counselling approach I use is one which is focused, person-centred approach that is practical and necessary
You have thought about it for a while, asked around if anyone has done counselling this way or found a counsellor on the net.
You’ve made the decision, but you just don’t know how you are going to make attending appointments work because of a busy lifestyle or it feels too overwhelmed to attend, perhaps distance, transportation, work/school/university or family life, makes booking that appointment tricky and attending even harder! Online counselling could be what is needed
We at Hand to Life Therapy uses a video platform called Zoom. It is simple and safe, using high-grade encryption to ensure your privacy and security. It means that your counselling session is not restricted to your physical presence in our Hand to Life office.
In fact, as long as you have access to a computer or your phone and the internet, you’re set.
Counselling via an online platform, makes things so much easier, which increases the likelihood of you keeping appointments and ultimately improving your wellbeing. Hand to Life has used Zoom with overseas, interstate and local clients, and found it both simple and effective.
Why not call Hand to Life Therapy today to discuss how counselling via Zoom online could work for you to help you get back on track with your life and wellbeing.